Off Season Camping
**You can now reserve your Off Season Camping Weekend & Check Availability ONLINE!** Just click HERE
Off Season Camping is available for your unit being September 1st through June 1st. The weekend is reserved by reservation only. Please submit the registration form found below.
Please note weekend camping may not be available during Council Activities that are held at Camp Rock Enon. Please contact Kari Judson at the Council Office at 540.662.2551 or by email at Kari.Judson@scouting.org for availability.
The Campmaster Corp is a group of selected, trained and registered Scouters who serve at Camp Rock Enon whenever units utilize the camp as their location for their outdoor program. If desired, the Campmaster will have a program available for the units in camp. If you wish to utilze the talents of the campmaster, please inform him/her when they contact you prior to your weekend at Camp Rock Enon.
click here for Camp Rock Enon Site Map
The 2014 - 2015 Off Season Camp Schedule
| MONTH/WEEKEND || CAMP MASTER || |
**Notice: Program is subject to change**
| August 29 - 31 || Patterson || Fire Building |
| September 5 - 7 || Dave Griffin || CRE History & Ghost Stories |
| September 12 - 14 || Pat Patterson || Rock Enon Building Tours |
| September 19 - 21 || Jon Elliott || Chapel Services |
| September 26 - 28 || Family Camp || NO OFF SEASON AVAILABLE |
| October 3 - 5 || Webelos Woods Fall || NO OFF SEASON AVAILABLE |
| October 10 - 12 || Ordeal Weekend/OLS/Staff Training || NO OFF SEASON AVAILABLE |
| October 17 - 19 || Venture Weekend || NO OFF SEASON AVAILABLE |
| October 24 - 26 || Wood Badge Weekend #1 || NO OFF SEASON AVAILABLE |
| October 31 - November 2 || Dave Griffin || CRE History |
| November 7 - 9 || Wood Badge Weekend #2 || NO OFF SEASON AVAILABLE |
| November 14 - 16 || Bill Huehn || Winter Survival |
| November 21 - 23 || Pat Patterson || Fire Building |
| November 28 - 30 || Pat Patterson || Winter Camping |
| December 5 - 7 || Larry Erskine || Fire Building |
| December 12 - 14 || Pat Patterson || Winter Camping |
| December 19 - 21 || Pat Patterson || Cold Weather Survival |
| December 26 - 28 || Bill Huehn || Merry Christmas & Happy New Year |
| || **More Coming Soon** || |
Canoe Use Policy Guidelines
The purpose of this policy is to govern the use of the Shenandoah Area Council High Adventure canoes. The primary use of these canoes is in the support of the high adventure program. When not in use by the high adventure program, the canoes and trailers will be made available to Camp Rock Enon and scouting units in good standing with the Shenandoah Area Council – in that order. The canoes are not available to non-Scouting groups or individuals.
- A BSA Tour Plan with a float plan must be filed with the Shenandoah Area Council at least 21 days prior to use.
- All adult leaders participating must have Safe Swim Defense, Safety Afloat and Hazardous Weather Certification and documentation submitted with the BSA Tour Plan. All guidelines in the Guide to Safe Scouting must be followed.
- BSA Tour Plan must be shown to the Camp Ranger or Campmaster before canoes can be removed from camp property.
- All damage to canoes or trailers, while in the user’s custody, is the users responsibility to repair.
- Canoes and Trailer must be picked up from Camp Rock Enon and returned to Camp Rock Enon unless authorized by the Shenandoah Area Council.
- The sign out of canoes and trailer is the length of the tour plan only. They are to be promptly returned to Camp Rock Enon.
- Canoe safety and care as outlined below are to be in practice at all times. Click here to see Safety Afloat Guidelines.
click here for Canoe Rental Application