Off Season Camping
**You can now reserve your Off Season Camping Weekend & Check Availability ONLINE!** Just click HERE
For the REVISED (as of September 2014) Off Season Camping Guide, click HERE
Off Season Camping is available for your unit being September 1st through June 1st. The weekend is reserved by reservation only.
Please note weekend camping may not be available during Council Activities that are held at Camp Rock Enon.
The Campmaster Corp is a group of selected, trained and registered Scouters who serve at Camp Rock Enon whenever units utilize the camp as their location for their outdoor program. If desired, the Campmaster will have a program available for the units in camp. If you wish to utilze the talents of the campmaster, please inform him/her when they contact you prior to your weekend at Camp Rock Enon.
click here for Camp Rock Enon Site Map
The 2015-16 Off Season Camp Schedule
|MONTH/WEEKEND ||CAMP MASTER || |
**Notice: Program is subject to change**
|May 29 - 31 ||Pat Patterson ||Prep G.L for Summer Camp |
|June 8 - August 6 || ||NO OFF SEASON: SUMMER CAMP SEASON |
|August 7 - 9 ||Bill Huehn ||Spring Backpacking |
|August 14 - 16 ||Ellen Hall ||Prep for Winter Camping |
|August 21 - 23 ||Pat Patterson ||Winter Survival |
|August 28 - 30 ||Terry Boyce ||NO OFF SEASON: POWDER HORN WEEKEND |
|September 4 - 6 ||Terry Boyce ||Camp History |
|September 11 - 13 ||Ellen Hall ||Winter Meals |
|September 18 - 20 ||Bill Huehn || |
Knife & Axe Safety
|September 25 - 27 || ||NO OFF SEASON: FAMILY CAMPING |
|October 2 - 4 ||Pat Patterson ||NO OFF SEASON: WEBELOS WOODS FALL |
|October 9 - 11 ||Ellen Hall ||NO OFF SEASON: FALL FELLOWSHIP |
|October 16 - 18 ||Larry Erskine ||Fire Building |
|October 23 - 25 ||Pat Patterson || |
|October 30 - Nov 1 ||Dave Griffin ||Camp History |
|November 6 - 8 ||Larry Erskine ||Camp Trails |
|November 13 - 15 || || |
|November 20 - 22 ||Ellen Hall ||Living with Winter |
|November 27 - 29 ||Pat Patterson ||Camp / Building Tours (Looking for Ghosts) |
|December 4 - 6 ||Larry Erskine ||Fire Building |
|December 11 - 13 || || |
|December 18 - 20 ||Pat Patterson ||Christmas Tree |
|December 25 - 27 ||NO OFF SEASON ||Merry Christmas |
|January 1 - 3 ||NO OFF SEASON ||Happy New Year |
|January 8 - 10 || || |
|January 15 - 17 || || |
|January 22 - 24 || ||Winter Games (Registration coming soon) |
|January 29 - 31 || || |
|February 5 - 7 || || |
|February 12 - 14 || || |
|February 19 - 21 || || |
|February 26 - 28 || || |
|March 4 - 6 || || |
|March 11 - 13 || || |
|March 18 - 20 || || |
|March 25 - 27 || ||Happy Easter |
|April 1 - 3 || || |
|April 8 - 10 || ||NO OFF SEASON: NEW SCOUT ADVENTURE WEEKEND |
|April 15 - 17 || || |
|April 22 - 24 || || |
|April 29 - May 1 || || |
|May 6 - 7 || || |
|May 13 - 15 || ||NO OFF SEASON: FUN WITH SON WEEKEND |
|May 20 - 22 || || |
|May 27 - 29 || || |
|June 1 - August 1 || ||NO OFF SEASON |
Canoe Use Policy Guidelines
The purpose of this policy is to govern the use of the Shenandoah Area Council High Adventure canoes. The primary use of these canoes is in the support of the high adventure program. When not in use by the high adventure program, the canoes and trailers will be made available to Camp Rock Enon and scouting units in good standing with the Shenandoah Area Council – in that order. The canoes are not available to non-Scouting groups or individuals.
- A BSA Tour Plan with a float plan must be filed with the Shenandoah Area Council at least 21 days prior to use.
- All adult leaders participating must have Safe Swim Defense, Safety Afloat and Hazardous Weather Certification and documentation submitted with the BSA Tour Plan. All guidelines in the Guide to Safe Scouting must be followed.
- BSA Tour Plan must be shown to the Camp Ranger or Campmaster before canoes can be removed from camp property.
- All damage to canoes or trailers, while in the user’s custody, is the users responsibility to repair.
- Canoes and Trailer must be picked up from Camp Rock Enon and returned to Camp Rock Enon unless authorized by the Shenandoah Area Council.
- The sign out of canoes and trailer is the length of the tour plan only. They are to be promptly returned to Camp Rock Enon.
- Canoe safety and care as outlined below are to be in practice at all times. Click here to see Safety Afloat Guidelines.
click here for Canoe Rental Application