Off Season Camping
Are you looking for a place for your pack, troop, team or crew to hold a weekend campout? Camp Rock Enon has campsites, cabins and more available for weekend rental. Camping and events (wedding, retreats, etc) are available for rental by non-Scouting groups as well. The weekends are reserved by reservation only!
To check availability or to reserve your spot at Camp Rock Enon, go to www.sac-bsa.org/offseason or click HERE.
Off Season Camping is available for your unit being September 1st through June 1st. The weekend is reserved by reservation only and it is from FRIDAY - SUNDAY ONLY. It is NOT available for reservations from June 1st - August 1st.
Please note weekend camping may not be available during Council Activities that are held at Camp Rock Enon.
For the REVISED (as of September 2014) Off Season Camping Guide, click HERE
Please note, we do not refund for Off Season camping. We will, however, switch your weekend within the same season.
The Campmaster Corp is a group of selected, trained and registered Scouters who serve at Camp Rock Enon whenever units utilize the camp as their location for their outdoor program. If desired, the Campmaster will have a program available for the units in camp. If you wish to utilize the talents of the Campmaster, please inform him/her when they contact you prior to your weekend at Camp Rock Enon.
Click here for Camp Rock Enon Site Map
The 2016-17 Off Season Camp Schedule
|MONTH/WEEKEND ||CAMP MASTER || |
**Notice: Program is subject to change**
|March 31 - April 2 ||Jeffrey Slater (Pioneering) ||Spring Leader Training: Interested? Register HERE |
|April 7 - 9 || ||NO OFF SEASON: BOY SCOUT ADVENTURE WEEKEND. Interested in attending? Register HERE |
|April 14 - 16 ||Ellen Hall ||NO OFF SEASON: EASTER WEEKEND |
|April 21 - 23 ||Jon Elliott (Religious Services) ||Wilderness First Aid. Interested in attending? Register HERE |
|April 28 - 30 ||Pat Patterson ||Camp History |
|May 5 - 7 ||Terry Boyce ||Camp Security |
|May 12 - 14 ||Doug Becktel ||NO OFF SEASON: CUB SCOUT FUN WITH SON. Interested in attending? Register HERE |
|May 19 - 21 ||Ellen Hall ||Summer Camp |
|May 26 - 28 ||Jeffrey Slater ||Pioneering |
Canoe Use Policy Guidelines
The purpose of this policy is to govern the use of the Shenandoah Area Council High Adventure canoes. The primary use of these canoes is in the support of the high adventure program. When not in use by the high adventure program, the canoes and trailers will be made available to Camp Rock Enon and scouting units in good standing with the Shenandoah Area Council – in that order. The canoes are not available to non-Scouting groups or individuals.
- A BSA Tour Plan with a float plan must be filed with the Shenandoah Area Council at least 21 days prior to use.
- All adult leaders participating must have Safe Swim Defense, Safety Afloat and Hazardous Weather Certification and documentation submitted with the BSA Tour Plan. All guidelines in the Guide to Safe Scouting must be followed.
- BSA Tour Plan must be shown to the Camp Ranger or Campmaster before canoes can be removed from camp property.
- All damage to canoes or trailers, while in the user’s custody, is the users responsibility to repair.
- Canoes and Trailer must be picked up from Camp Rock Enon and returned to Camp Rock Enon unless authorized by the Shenandoah Area Council.
- The sign out of canoes and trailer is the length of the tour plan only. They are to be promptly returned to Camp Rock Enon.
- Canoe safety and care as outlined below are to be in practice at all times. Click here to see Safety Afloat Guidelines.