2015 Winter Games
Are you looking for a fun Scouting activity for your unit this winter? Winter Games is a one-day event placing emphasis on scout skills and fun competition with our fellow Scouts. We have changed many stations this year. This event is open to all Venture, Boy Scouts and WEBELOS units.
- Check-in opens at 8:30am on the Trading Post porch
- Competition starts at 9:30am (PROMPT)
- Competition ends at 3:30pm
- Winners announced at 4pm
- Program ends approximately at 4:30pm
Format: A round robin of "scout skills" stations will be set up for each patrol to complete. Each station will have a point value. Points will be awarded based on performance and completion of the activity. We suggest 6-8 youth per patrol. You can combine or split patrols if necessary.
Fee: $15 per youth / $5 discount per youth for Early Bird Registration if registered BY 1/4/14
Registration: Registration deadline is January 14, 2014 to the Council Service Center. Please register as early as possible so we can plan accordingly. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER JANUARY 19, 2015. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
You may register online and pay through the office, but to get the early bird fee, you MUST pay by 1/6/15.
- This event will be held regardless of the weather conditions, so make sure you are properly prepared. The majority of equipment needed for each activity will be provided, however some items are required to be furnished by each patrol. Following is a list if items each patrol will need. You may also want to review the Activity Descriptions (listed below) to see if you want to bring any additional items you think you may need.
- Each participating unit is required to provide at least one ADULT to help with the activities during the program. Thank you in advance for your help to make this a successful and fun program for our youth.
- Fully stocked first aid kid for a typical overnight camping activity
- Materials for a pioneering project
- Equipment and supplies to cook your lunch
Cooking Contest: Bring what you need to make the best hot and hearty lunch ever tasted by our panel of judges. The only rules are that you MUST make the lunch while at CRE for the Winter Games. This will also serve as your patrol's lunch so bring enough and be prepared. You will have to provide whatever equipment and supplies that you need to complete the task. All samples should be delivered to the judging station no later than 1pm. Points will be awarded based on participation and overall winner.