Important Information about the Updated Charter Renewal Process
- Shenandoah Area Council is moving toward "Unified Rechartering"
- 2014 - All units will pay prorated fees so that charter will expire in October of 2015
- 2015 - All Unit Charters will be due October 1st.
- National Council BSA has taken away the grace period:
- All documents must be turned in, all required signatures submitted and all fees paid in time for the Registrar to submit to the National Office before the end of the Charter Renewal month or the charter will drop - no grace period!
- If Charter drops, Unit will not exist. Unit will lose all tenure and will have to submit a New Unit Application and all members will have to submit a new application.
- Unit will have 30 days to retrieve unit information from Scoutnet.
- Volunteers will retain access to MyScouting, MyScouting tools Internet Rechartering and Internet Advancement for 30 days after their unit has expired and become separated.
- Training Requirement
- 2014 - Top Unit Leader MUST be trained for his / her position. If top Unit Leader is not trained, he / she will NOT be re-registered in that position.
- 2015 - All Direct Contact leaders MUST be trained for their position. If Direct Contact Leader is not trained, he / she will be not be re-registered in that position.
- If you are unsure of the training requirements for any position, contact your District Training Chair or your Unit Commissioner.
- Charter Renewal Packet
- Shenandoah Area Council will not be printing rosters for the upcoming charter season.
- Units will receive a Charter Packet with log-in information, on-line rechartering instructions, insurance form and a checklist of items that must be turned in.
- Unit Commissioner
- If you have any questions about the Charter Renewal process, please contact your Unit Commissioner. The Commissioner Staff is here to help.
- If you cannot reach your Unit Commissioner, contact Sandra Anderson, Assistant Council Commissioner at (540) 539-6884 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To be able to print this information, please click HERE.