When: Sunday, June 18 - Friday, June 23, 2017
Where: Camp Rock Enon; Gore, VA
Overview: The Shenandoah Area Council is pleased to offer National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) in the summer of 2017. NYLT will bring new skills and greater enthusiasm to your youth leadership. Scouting recognizes that Unit Leaders have the primary responsibility for training their youth leaders. The purpose of NYLT is not to assume that role, but rather to support it. This week-long course features instruction in skills that can be used at home, at school, on the job, and in particular, at the Scout Unit level. Through activities, events, games, and and adventures; NYLT participants will work hard and play hard together as they put into action the best Scouting has to offer.
- Give participants the confidence and knowledge to conduct the unit program.
- Provide participants with a clear understanding of team and personal development and how those elements relate to being a leader.
- Guide the participants through the stages of team development
- Create and environment of Scouting fellowship and fun guided by the Scout Oath and Law
- Give participants the opportunity to share ideas and experiences with Scouts from other units.
- Have fun and experience Scouting at its best.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Beat least 13 years old and obtained the rank of First Class (Boy Scout only)
- Recommended by your Scoutmaster or Crew Advisor
- Currently serving or likely to serve in a unit-level position of responsibility
- Minimum of 2 previous long-term camping experiences
- Full knowledge of basic cooking and knots/lashings
- Willingness to abide by the Scout Oath and Law
- Must attend the full week of training to receive a certificate of completion
- Please, carefully consider the Scouts/Venturers you send to NYLT - the amount of benefit a young person will get from this training is directly proportional to their level of maturity, attitude and focus.
A BSA Health & Medical Form Parts A, B & C are required for this event and must be turned in upon checkin.
Fee Includes: 2 course tshirts, course supplies & meals
- $250 if paid in full by May 15th.
- $50 deposit is required at time of registration.
- Fees MUST be paid in full by June 1st to participate in the course
- Registration closes June 1st. Absolutely NO WALK-INS!
- $200: Holiday Special if piad in full by December 31st
- $225: Early Bird Discount if paid in full by April 15th.
- $25: Late fee after May 15th.