Boy Scout Summer Camp
Ask anyone what they think of when you say "Boy Scouts" and the vast majority will mention camping and the outdoors. That's why here in the Shenandoah Area Council, we've worked hard to build an incredible camp and create a summer camping program that is fun, adventurous and an incredible learning experience.
Summer Camp at Camp Rock Enon is filled with fun and exciting adventure for Scouts of all ages. Our 877 acres of majestic forest in the northern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia provide an unlimited supply of opportunities to make your stay at CRE an experience of a lifetime. Scouts learn and explore as they seek the adventures only a summer camp experience can provide.
Here is a brief overview of some of the programs available while at CRE for your new and veteran Scouts.
- Shooting sports
- Natural rock climbing & rappelling
- Row boating
- Lifesaving and Lifeguard training
- Outdoor skills
- Field Sports
- and so much MORE!
We also offer over 40 merit badges and our Frontier program for first year Scouts. A large variety of evening activities include the Iron Man Challenge and the Amazing Race.
Your veteran Scouts may want to try one of our Specialty Camps such as:
- Adventure Extreme: A GREAT introduction to the world of High Adventure based at Camp Rock Enon. The program will consist of a variety of day-long excursions both offsite and onsite that the participants can choose from including: Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Canyoneering, River Tubing and Dolly Sods.
- BSA Lifeguard
- Eagle Week
- Equestrian Program. CRE is proud to offer a unique summer camp experience. This 15-hour Equestrian Adventure program is offered at a private stable nestled in the Shenandoah Valley and is more than just earning the Horsemanship merit badge. You will spend the week at CRE with your unit or in a provisional unit. Monday - Friday morning, experience 3 hours of instruction and riding at Wagon Wheel Ranch and then return to CRE to participate in the other merit badge programs and evening activities.
- Day Camp Option
- Pinnacle Ridge Runners: Spend the week at a primitive backwoods base camp in a remote location on Camp Rock Enon property in a two-man dome tent. Prepare and cook your own meals using a variety of outdoor cooking styles. Begin your adventure with a backpacking trip with an overnight outpost off of camp property. Once you return to camp, enjoy a chuck wagon BBQ. Throughout the rest of the week, experience natural rock climbing on the "crags", tomahawk throwing, black powder rifle shooting, mountain biking, GPS orienteering and Leave No Trace training.
- Virginia Backwoods Rendezvous. Step back in time and enter the world of the Virginia Frontier! Scouts 13 and older will spend a week in our NEW Rendezvous Camp, experiencing the primitive life of the early Virginia pioneers.
Camp Rock Enon: 292 Rock Enon Springs Road; Gore, Virginia 22637
- NYLT: June 18 - 23, 2017
- Week 1: July 2 - 8, 2017
- Week 2: July 9 - 15, 2017
- Week 3: July 16 - 23, 2017
- Week 4: July 23 - 29, 2017
2017 Leader's Guide
An overview of meals and food services available during your stay.
Menu is subject to change.
Click HERE for instructions on how to register for summer camp.
Contact Kari Judson to for any registration questions by EMAIL or by calling (540) 662-2551