Friends of Scouting (FOS)
Your Gift Makes a Difference
More than 4,000 Shenandoah Area youth take part in the once-in-a-lifetime adventures and character-building programs that can only be found in Scouting. In doing so, they discover skills they never knew they had and develop into the leaders we will need in the years to come.
Last year, the 92 Scouts who earned their Eagle rank and gave over 20,000 hours back to our community in service. And Scouts came together to collect 50,000 pounds of food to help our local families in need. Scouts are more likely than non-Scouts to graduate from high school and stay away from drugs.
Scouting makes a dramatic, positive impact on the Shenandoah Area's youth, our families, and our communities, but it won't happen without your support.
Your gift to Friends of Scouting provides trained leaders, program materials, camping facilities, and insurance for safe and fun experiences. The annual Friends of Scouting campaign provides 35% of our Council's budget. It is because of the generosity of our Scouting families and community supporters that the amazing benefits of Scouting are possible in the Shenandoah Valley.
Your Gift to Friends of Scouting Ensures:
- Every youth in the Shenandoah Valley has the opportunity to be a Scout, no matter their economic circumstance
- First-class camping programs at Camp Rock Enon
- Support and training for more than 1,400 volunteer leaders that make the Scouting program possible
- Materials and program developing for the exciting, once-in-a-lifetime experiences that can only be found in Scouting
- A safe and fun Scouting experience with insurance for Scouting activities
How you can Support Friends of Scouting
The success of Friends of Scouting is vital to the success of the Scouting program in the Shenandoah Valley. You can make a gift at an upcoming unit presentation or click here to make a gift today!
We hope you will join us in supporting the Friends of Scouting campaign. Your support is needed and greatly appreciated.
Click HERE to view the FOS Brochure.