Order of the Arrow
Registration is now open for ORDEAL! Remember to register as soon as possible! https://sac-bsa.org/SpringOrdeal
Shenshawpotoo Lodge is a member of Section SR-7A and the Southern Region of the Order of the Arrow, and serves the Shenandoah Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America . The Lodge is divided into three chapters, each of which correspond with a SAC district:
- Shawanogi Chapter (Shawnee District)
- Shenrapawa Chapter (Shenrapawa District)
- Potomac Chapter (Potomac District)
The Lodge’s Mission
To achieve the purpose of the Order of the Arrow as an integral part of the Boy Scouts of America in the council through positive youth leadership under the guidance of selected capable adults.
The OA is…
An organization of honor-campers. A member is elected by his unit, and is chosen not so much for what he has done, but rather, what he is expected to do. The Brotherhood of Cheerful Service, as the OA is otherwise known, is chartered by the Boy Scouts of America.
An Arrowman’s first obligation is “your duty to your unit,” utilizing his skills and talents in the development of his fellow Scouts. Activities in the OA focus on service to Scouting, and particularly the Scout Camp. We, like all OA lodges, utilize the aspect of Indian Lore and mystery to enhance the program’s appeal.
Shenshawpotoo Lodge #276 is your local OA lodge serving the Shenandoah Area Council. The lodge exists to support and enrich the Scouting program in this area, and works to benefit the local program through leadership, camping, and an abundance of cheerful service.
Every Arrowman is reminded of his primary obligation to his unit, as he seeks to “catch the higher vision of a life of cheerful service.”
Mission of the BSA
“…to serve others by helping to instill values in young people and, in other ways, to prepare them to make ethical choices during lifetime in achieving their full potential. The values we strive to instill are based on those found in the Scout Oath and Law.”
Purpose of the Order:
- To recognize those campers — Scouts and Scouters — who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives. And by such recognition cause other campers to conduct themselves in such a manor as to warrant recognition.
- To develop and maintain camping traditions and spirit.
- To promote Scout camping, which reaches its greatest effectiveness as a part of the unit’s camping program, both year-round and in the summer camp program, as directed by the camping committee of the council.
- To crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpsose of leadership, in cheerful service to others.
|Adult Nomination Form||This is the OA Election form to submit adult nominations.||Download|
|First Year Arrowman Award Checklist||This is the checklist for new Arrowmen trying to earn the First Year Arrowman award.||Download|
|Lodge Constitution & By-Laws||This document contains Shenshawpotoo Lodge #276's Constitution and By-Laws, last revised June 2008.||Download|
|Vigil Nomination Form||This is the OA Election form to submit Vigil nominations for qualifying, deserving Arrowmen.||Download|
|Youth Nomination Form||This is the OA Election form to submit youth nominations.||Download|